Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where to Begin

Oregon was awesome! Played v-ball, saw a wedding, went on atv's hung out, played games, enjoyed people, grew, watched owls, played tennis, lived a dream for 4 days. I don't know how to explain it much more. But if you talk to me in person I would love to tell stories.
I just recently restarted The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck M.D. and it has begun to rekindle my huge desire for counseling and my passion for psychology. It is a very heavy book yet has many truths that I remember yet others that are new because of the changes that I have gone through. I would make a large recommendation to others to read it and maybe spend about 3 months reading it. Anyways, I am excited about it but kind of scared because it will change me. But bring it on right? A cool thing I just read from it was this. "Problems do not go away. They must be worked through or else they remain, forever a barrier to the growth and development of the spirit." I know this is and has been true for me. I also find comfort in the fact that although it is hard for me to actually take a step in changing things, I know I live my life with this in my head and have rarely encountered a problem and not thought this very thing. Now I just have to use this knowledge to make a change.
I can't realy think of anything else I want to say, but I love you all. Really.

No comments: