Sunday, July 13, 2008

High Mountain Hay Fever

So today was a pretty sweet day. I saw the love of my life, I think her name was Jenny Lynn Gardner who was the most amazing mandolin player I have ever seen. She had a great smile and beautiful brown hair and she was probably only a couple years older than me. She was really fing good at the mandolin and I could not believe it! Anyways I tried to find a way to talk to her when I went over to her band's booth (The Bradley Walker Band) to buy a CD but she was not there and I missed any other chance I had. Maybe next year I will see her and ask for her hand. jk, but seriously. Oh yeah, I forgot to say where I was. I was at the High Mountain Hay Fever Bluegrass Festival with bands such as Alecia Nugent and Co., Dry Branch Fire Squad, The Corndrinker, Laurie Lewis and the Right Hands, and many more. The guy who founded the group Union Station was there apparently and a few grammy winners played at the festival as well. So despite Westcliffe's size and such, it is pretty famous when good ol' country/bluegrass music about lost love, Jesus, green pastures, and alcohol comes around. It was such a fun time being around such an eclectic group of people, the majority of whom looked like they just stepped off their ranch. There was hootin and hollerin and crepes and tacos, and beer and icecream. Also, to all the boys out there who came to Westcliffe last winter, my parents told me today that the infamous pub had some action this past month I believe, when an angered man who was not allowed to take his beer out, left the Pub and came back with a gun and waved it around in the store. Sounds like that Pub always has some exciting stories just attached to it. Okay, well I am enjoying the serenity of this place, the soft swishing of the creek, the beautiful flowers, the mountains, the silence, my family, books, a fire, and backgammon. May it give me peace and a break from the more busy life of SB. God bless

3 comments:

mishy said...

so many things that you listened to and observed. I like reading some of what goes on in that wonderful head of yours.
xo mje

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we weren't in there when that crazy guy was in there. I would've tackled him...and then probably then got shot. In the finger - never to be able to tie a shoe again. The upside to this is that I would get to wear velcro shoes. How cool would that be...

Enjoy your time in CO!!

Carl V. Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.