Monday, July 7, 2008

My First Blog Entry

Hey Everyone-
   So a few people have started blogs recently and now it has been put on my mind. My sister, my friend Adam, Barret, Ian Dywer and my roomate Mike Bennett have all told me in various ways about their blogs, and initially I thought it sounded kind of lame (typical me response) but I thought I might give it a chance. I love being able to read about the kinds of experiences that these people have encountered whether they are sad, encouraging or merely funny. Nevertheless I have also always wanted to be journaling more as the times were few and far between and what a great way to do this. So I am officially a blogger. Hmmmm what do I want to talk about today....
    Once upon a time there was a guy named Evan who worked at his college and answered phones all day. He sat the at his little desk playing games on the computer, reading, and listening to music. However, doing this very mundane task for 8 hours left space for the very interesting and funny happenings that only appear once or twice every eight hours if you are in the same spot. For instance, today Evan was talking to a gruff old man who was blabbering on about big parking lots and circles in attempt to describe Westmont's campus, but as I could feel the heat rising off his face through the phone he suddenly became too exasperated and decided to hang up as if the simple answers to Evan's questions were beginning to clog his larynx. Evan however, was not entirely perfect on the job this particular day (or any day for that matter). He was completely po-jangled, owned, or pwned by a "scam salesman" whose name was Jim and was calling about the copy-machine. Evan ignorantly thought, oh yeah that makes sense, and asked, " which copy machine was it," to which "Jim" responded, "oh the one right there in the office...we just need to get an update on its serial number." Evan then put the man on hold, received an annoyed, "who was it?" from his boss and proceded to transfer the "scam-man" to said boss. And that concludes the story of "How Evan Got Pojangled by Scam Man"(here's to you Marissa). Peace and love

3 comments:

mishy said...

Hi Evan,
I like your blog! I was just watching the news the other night and they were interviewing this elderly woman who is blogging. They said it is therapeutic!
lv u,
mje

Anonymous said...

Yikes, didn't realize the peer pressure I was inflicting upon you. I'm happy to hear more about you in any medium, though. Glad to know you didn't get totally pwned by the scammer.

See you soon!

-M

Jon said...

I have been waiting to get inside your head for years. This is a dream come true.