Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lake of the Clouds




Since my last post was really long, I will try to keep this a little shorter. Today my dad and I did a 9+ mile hike in a little under 4 hours. It was really cool trying to see how quickly we could make the trip. Kind of a family, beat the clock, competitive type thing you know. But anyways it was really awesome. We crossed Something Creek, I wish could remember what it was called, and it was pretty big. There were some cool places to go camping at and even fishing if not at the lake at the top. It was beautiful seeing some of the waterfalls along the way. There was also a bunch of horse poop due to the fact that there was a 13 person horsebacking group that we met up at the top. There were two lakes with a smalll waterfall section from one to the other. It was cool talking to my dad, and eating up there at about 10,000 feet. The fish were jumping like crazy in the lake, as there were tons of bugs out. It was really fun to watch almost like a symphony, or planned out event, as fish after fish would jump. They would jump at different heights and some would merely break the surface. It was really fun to do this hike and especially with my dad. We also got to meet up with my grandparents, cousins Gabe, Michael, Erika, and Rudy as well as Erika and Rudy's parents Mike and Melissa, my dad's sister. We went downtown to Pizza Madness. I was great seeing my cousins and catching up on there lives. I always felt like it was mostly just important for them to see me, but I realized I had missed them all too so it was really great. I found myself trying to find out a lot of stuff about my cousins in a short period of time. I was pissed however to find out that both Gabe who is a Sophomore in HS and Rudy who is a Freashman were both taller than me. That was humbling. Their family also came over to our house afterwards and played Apples to Apples for a couple hours which was really fun and competitive. Not a surprise to those of you who know our family well. Overall, pretty damn good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Evan,
I have loved reading your blog, and the insights you have and am greatly encouraged by you and your walk with the Lord. I'm glad I got to be with you to the Lake of the Clouds. What a special day that was. Thanks for taking the initiative to ask me what I wanted to do with you while you were home. I am praying for you and love you Evan.
Dad